In these uncertain times, I wanted to reach out to you regarding what Paramount Hospitality Management (PHM) is doing to support your upcoming travel plans at Avanti Palms Resort and Conference Center. As the circumstances with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve daily, please be assured that we are doing all that we can to ensure your travel safety.
At PHM, we are first and foremost always concerned about the safety and wellbeing of our team members and our guests. The coronavirus has been an outbreak that we have been closely monitoring since the first notification of this dilemma. We share in the sympathy of those that have lost their lives to this virus and to their respective families. For those that have this virus, we pray for your speedy recovery.
As a company, we are following this situation daily in addition to following the precautionary measures that the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) have been advising on. We are making hand sanitizing stations available in our public areas for all guests and team members to utilize and we have increased the frequency in which we sanitize all public areas. For your reference, we are sharing this guide provided by the CDC: 5 Tips to Stay Healthy While Traveling, so that you can feel more confident in important steps to take. We also have this guide available at our front desk to hand out to all guests in order for them to take precautionary measures when traveling as well as to heighten their awareness to be proactive. Additionally, below is a list of key steps that we are actively training all of our team members on:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Updated cancellation policy as of 3/13/2020*
• Any cancellations within the 72 hour policy period for stays March 13th - April 30th will not incur any cancellation fees.
• Any cancellations within the 72 hour policy period for stays May 1st - June 30th will forfeit the deposit as a cancellation penalty, or we are happy to apply that deposit to a future stay that must be realized by the end of 2020.
In closing, it is important that we follow the CDC and WHO as well as other local government agencies’ advice without creating panic. May we find an antidote that will get this virus under control and allow us all to resume our normal daily activities without worry.
Marco A. Manzie CHA, CAM